Balance & Specialty Programs
Balance and walking problems can result from orthopedic conditions, neurological disorders, or a number of injuries that involve the joints, muscles, and nerves.
FYZICAL’s therapists & fitness specialists take a whole-body approach to consider whether issues with the spine, hip, knee or feet contribute to imbalances, and they provide intensive one-on-one care to help you achieve the greatest independence possible.
Facts About Balance
- 1/3 of the population over 65 falls each year
- In patients over 75, imbalance is the #1 reason for a doctor visit
- 1/2 of the population over 80 falls each year
- 1 out of 5 hip fractures dies within one year after injury
- Falls account for 25% of all hospital admissions
- Falls are the #1 cause of fractures
- Falls account for 40% of all nursing home admissions
- Falls are the leading cause of death due to injury among elderly
Our balance programs focus on strength, endurance, motion, gait training and coordination for safe walking and preventing falls. If you need the assistance of a cane or walker, FYZICAL therapists will match you with the appropriate device and provide training for safety.
At FYZICAL, our therapists & fitness specialists realize how important balance and walking is for independent living, as well as for work activities, exercise, sports and enjoying life in general.
That’s why we provide a range of programs and therapies to evaluate and treat balance disorders:
- Assessment and Evaluation Programs
- Difficulty Walking
- Gait Training and Balance Programs
- Fall Prevention and Balance Retraining
- Manual and Massage Therapy
- Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Vestibular Rehab
- Functional Training